Membership offers free access to this 12-acre paradise for horticultural enthusiasts, as well as invitations to special events and discounts on lectures, workshops, seeds and plants. Most importantly, membership in Stonecrop supports these remarkable gardens and the School of Practical Horticulture, which provides training to both professional and amateur gardeners.
|Stonecrop members share a passion for plants, and their enthusiasm and support are the lifeblood of the garden. This family of members is invited to gather at several seasonal events throughout the year, and to attend workshops hosted by Stonecrop staff and outside experts.
- Free admission for one to Stonecrop Gardens.
- Free admission for one to the Spring Open House and the Fall Garden Party.
- A complimentary subscription to our annual newsletter, containing practical information like plant profiles and articles on appropriate horticultural techniques; as well as features on various collections and components of the garden; staff, intern and alumni profiles; and coverage of special events. The newsletter is truly an insider’s guide to Stonecrop.
- Discounted admission to lectures and workshops held at Stonecrop.
- A free copy upon request of the annual Index Seminum, a carefully annotated description of hundreds of plants grown at Stonecrop from which seeds are collected and made available to the public on a very limited basis.
- Reduced prices on seeds from the Index Seminum, and a 10% discount on plants from the sales bench.
- Reciprocal benefits at over 100 other public gardens throughout the United States.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $35
- All of the above benefits for two adults and children under 18 living at the same address.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $50
All of the above benefits plus:
- 10 free packets of seed selected from the Index Seminum.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $90
All of the above benefits plus:
- Free admission to the Spring Bulb Walk, Wine & Cheese.
- 5 additional free packets of seed from the Index Rarium or Index Seminum.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $230
Members of the Stonecrop Society (Patrons, Fellows and Benefactors)
enjoy all of the above benefits plus:
- A private guided tour of the garden for up to 10 people.
- Free admission for two to a Stonecrop workshop or lecture (or one segment of a multi-part program).
- Guests admitted with you free each time you visit Stonecrop.
- Bonus plants available at the Fall Garden Party.
- Borrowing privileges for Stonecrop’s extensive garden library.
Stonecrop Patron $500
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $415
Stonecrop Fellow $1000
Additional membership benefits for Stonecrop Fellows include:
- Personal Plant Desiderata – If Stonecrop has a plant you want, we will attempt to propagate it for you.
- Plant Finder Service – Stonecrop will locate a source for a plant you desire.
- Ability to rent Stonecrop for small-scale weekday, daytime events.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $915
Stonecrop Benefactor $5000
Additional membership benefits for Stonecrop Benefactors include:
- Ability to rent Stonecrop for small-scale events including evenings and weekends.
Tax-deductible amount of contribution $4915