Open days for 2013 begin Monday, March 25, for Spring Open House Week. Our last day of visitation for the season is Thursday, October 31.
Open days are Monday through Saturday, from 10am to 5pm.
Admission is $5.00 per person for a self-guided tour. There is no charge for members and children under the age of 12. Guided tours for groups of 10 or more people are available by appointment.
In addition to our regular visitation days, Stonecrop is open the following Sundays, 10am to 5pm, May 26, September 1, and as part of the Garden Conservancy Open Days Program for 2013 - April 28, May 12, June 23, July 21, August 18, September 15, and October 13.
Please take the time to read our
before starting your tour…
To ensure the safety of our visitors, preserve our gardens, and enable all visitors equal enjoyment, we ask that you adhere to the following:
- No pets please. We ask that you leave your pets at home while you are visiting Stonecrop.
- We advise wearing “sensible” shoes that provide traction, such as sneakers, since areas of the garden may be wet and slick. Please note that no area of the garden is paved. Most surfaces are uneven and walking paths are either grass, gravel or mulch.
- We welcome children to the garden, but ask that parents closely supervise them and take precautions to ensure their safety, especially near the rock ledges and pools.
- Please note that many areas of the garden are inaccessible to strollers and wheelchairs. Most of the paths are too narrow; surfaces are often muddy or uneven. Visitors with limited mobility are welcome to contact us prior to their visit to discuss the areas that are accessible and how best to reach them.
- The taking of cuttings, seeds or flowers is prohibited. If you would like to have a plant identified, a member of staff would be more than happy to assist you at the site of the plant. Do not pick any part of the plant.
- Smoking is not allowed on Stonecrop grounds.
- To preserve our peaceful atmosphere we ask visitors to:
- turn cell phones off before entering the garden.
- please use quiet “indoor” voices
- Picnicking is allowed in specified areas of the garden only. We ask that you carry out all trash. No large coolers, chairs, blankets, radios, or outdoor recreational equipment are allowed. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Photography is permitted for private use only. Professional or commercial photography is not permitted without prior written agreement.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.