Open days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, as well as one Sunday per month with Tea and Cake in the garden.
Reservations are not necessary for Monday, Wednesday and Friday (10am-5pm).
Open Sundays for 2022 are May 8, June 12, July 17, August 14, September 4, October 9.
Please note: Reservations are required for Saturday and Sunday visitation with a morning and afternoon session.
The two sessions on Saturday and Sunday are 10am-1:30pm and 1:30-5pm.
- Admission for self-guided tours is as follows:
Adults – $10
Seniors 65 and older, students with an ID – $5
Children ages 3 through 18 – $5
Children under 3 – No Charge
- Stonecrop participates in the Reciprocal Admissions Program (RAP) through the American Horticultural Society. We allow one free admission for an individual membership, and two free admissions for a family membership. Please present your card when you check in. If you need to make a reservation for a weekend visit, please send an email with the name(s), phone number and time of day (morning or afternoon) you would like to visit, and we will get you on the list. To see if your garden participates in this program, click on the link – www.ahsgardening.org/rap
- Guided tours for groups of 10 to 25 people are available at $15 per person with advanced reservations. Please call or email to schedule your tour.
Please take the time to read our Garden Visiting Etiquette.
1) Please take caution and be mindful of uneven pathways and rocky surfaces throughout the garden. We advise wearing “sensible” shoes that provide traction, such as sneakers, since areas of the garden may be wet and slick. Please note that no area of the garden is paved. Most surfaces are uneven and walking paths are either grass, gravel or mulch.
2) NO PETS. We ask that you leave your pets at home while visiting Stonecrop. This includes even the smallest of dogs that can fit in a tote.
3) Well-supervised children are welcome to the garden, but we ask that parents closely oversee them and take precautions to ensure their safety, especially near the rock ledges and pools.
– No screaming, no running and climbing, no handling or feeding the animals.
4) Please note that many areas of the garden are inaccessible to strollers and wheelchairs. Most of the paths are too narrow; surfaces are often muddy or uneven. Visitors with limited mobility are welcome to contact us prior to their visit to discuss the areas that are accessible and how best to reach them.
5) The taking of cuttings, seeds, leaves or flowers is prohibited. If you would like to have a plant identified, a member of staff would be more than happy to assist you at the site of the plant. Do not pick any part of the plant.
6) Smoking of any kind, including vaping, is not allowed on Stonecrop grounds.
7) To preserve our peaceful atmosphere we ask visitors to:
– turn cell phones off before entering the garden.
– please use quiet “indoor” voices.
8) Picnicking is allowed at the cafe tables surrounding the Gardeners’ Bothy and picnic tables in Spruce Vista II. We ask that you carry out all trash. No large coolers, chairs, blankets, radios, or outdoor recreational equipment are allowed. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
9) Photography is permitted for private use only. Professional or commercial photography is not permitted without prior written agreement.
Stonecrop Gardens reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior.
Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Garden property.
Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions are not permitted at Stonecrop. Stonecrop does provide the gardens for wedding and engagement photography on our closed days. Please call or email for photography guidelines and application.